Join us as we help rural and urban families learn more about locally produced food, organic gardening and small farm projects here in Western Canada.
Contact us for more information about the Spring 2018 Workshop.
Follow us on FaceBook to learn about other upcoming Down to Earth Workshops.
- Heirloom Seeds ~ over 100 varieties tested hardy in our zone 2 nursery trials
- Seed Saving ~ harvesting for your own collection
- Starting your own Plants ~ methods and cultural requirements
- Permaculture ~ learning from nature to build sustainable ecosystems
- Small Farm Production and CSA projects
- Zone 2 Gardening ~ raised beds and companion planting
- Antiques and Restoration projects
- Honey Bee Health ~ attracting pollinators
- Landscape ~ designs and planning
- Wildcrafting ~ harvesting of wild edible plants
- Healthy Soils ~ vermiculture and composting
- Prairie Pollinators ~ leaf cutter bees for alfalfa seed production
- Preserving the Season ~ canning and processing
- Ancient Grains ~ Emmer and Red Fife
- Farm Fresh ~ food from the field to your kitchen
- Herbal Pharmacy ~ a DVD for creating herbal preparations by Gudrun Penselin
- Heritage Breed Poultry ~ supplies, breeds and care
- Culinary Tourism~ road trips to explore in your own back yard
- Microbreweries on the prairies share their start-up experiences
- Greenhouses ~ planning & building
- Medicinal Herbs & Essential Oils ~ medicine from the earth